Was Dominic Casey talking to Lee while he searched for Caylee?
January 12, 2009
There is speculation as to whether Lee Anthony is the voice on the other end of the phone with Dominic Casey in the video of Casey searching the area where Caylee Anthony was found.
Eyewitness News watched the video showing Dominic C. talking on a cell phone with Lee Anthony’s attorney, Tom Luka.
“Is it Lee?” WFTV reporter Kathi Belich asked Luka.
“No, not that I know of. He denied ever talking to him,” he said. But, Eyewitness News uncovered video of Lee Anthony and Dominic Casey at the jail together right after Casey Anthony was arrested!
So, Kathi Belich asked again.”Is it Lee on the phone with Dominic Casey?”
“As far as I know, as far as my client is concerned, it’s not him on the phone on November 15th 2008,” Luka said.
“Could it be somebody who Lee spoke with who then went to Dominic Casey and provided information?” Belich asked.
“In the realm of speculation, it could’ve been anyone,” Luka said.
Luka said he saw the video last week and talked to Dominic Casey then. But, Eyewitness News heard that only private eye Jim Hoover had a copy of the videotape.
This caused Luka to backtrack.
“How did you see it last week? Who showed it to you last week?” Belich asked Luka.
“Well, I take that back,” Luka said. “I was not shown it. When it was on TV I saw it.”
“Well, it wasn’t on TV until last night,” Belich told Luka.
“Well, I take that back. I did not see it. Did I see it? No, I did not see that video. I take that back. That was not the video I saw,” he said.
read the article here: WFTV.com
Sorry, Mr. Luka–no take backs!
I don’t know if I think Lee was on the phone with Casey or not. Would he have been stupid enough to risk his telephone # showing up in Dominic Casey’s phone records?
The thing about Lee is that he has pretty much pulled himself out of the limelight and is existing in the shadows. We don’t know why he has removed himself from the situation.
About the only things we really know about him are the following:
1. He and Casey are closer than most people–they can tell each other things that they couldn’t tell anyone else.(from when he was on the stand in Casey’s first hearing)
2. He considers himself to be an armchair detective, conducting his own investigation of what happened to his niece.. (LE told him he had missed his calling in their interview with him.)
3. He appeared to cooperate with LE in the beginning. (LE interview)
4. He has a penchant for talking in code with his sister. (jailhouse visit)
5. He laughs when he is nervous. (he laughed as he was describing the smell in Casey’s car to LE)
6. He has/had a mysterious job. (IMO)
7. He has a temper. (he went out and jerked down the memorial to Caylee in front of his parents home)
7. He has moved back home with his parents.
Does that all translate to— Casey told Lee where Caylee was and Lee managed to get that information to Dominic Casey? Maybe.