Docu-dump in the Caylee Anthony case Sept 4, 2009
The docu-dump released to the defense earlier this week was made available to the media this morning. This page will be updated through-out the day as the material becomes available.
Right off the bat, in this first picture in the slideshow, doesn’t it look like Caylee has a black eye? I know she has dark circles under her eyes, but this likes more than a dark circle to me.
It’s disturbing to me in many of the later photos of Caylee, she seems to have a worried almost haunted look to her.
She seems more serious than most two year olds. Maybe I’m just reading that into this because we know what happened to her.
The bounty hunters first met with the family in a warehouse type district in someone’s out of the way office. Inside was Lee Cindy George, Leonard, Tony, Rob. No media were around. They met with Jose Baez the next day. It was the 4 of them with Jose. The Anthonys and Jose Baez wanted to make sure the bondsmen were just bailing her out and that they would not interview her. Padilla assured them they were there to bail her out and make sure nothing happened to Casey.
Contractural agreement: They can’t interrogate her. Leonard said that doesn’t prevent her from talking to us does it? And Jose said he wanted to be there if she chose to talk to them.
Detective: What was your original role?
Dick’s main role was to run security around the family and her. Tracy was supposed to just be with Casey. He ws supposed to be making sure Casey got to where she was supposed to be without something happening, as there were lots of threats to her and the bondsmen. The family was getting death threats.
Detective: What did she say the first time she got into the vehicle with him?
Dick didn’t talk to her at all at that time. When they got to the house, Casey’s attitude really bothered him. The whole thing was like a game to her. A normal person doesn’t act like that. The parents were emotional for her to come home. Casey wasn’t emotional at all.
Detective: Did Jose change the guidelines or the rules where Casey was concerned?
Yes. After they were in the house there would be no talking to her and they were not to be alone with her, period. they could be with her only when a family member or Baez was present. Even then, he didn’t want Leonard or Rob in the house at all–only Tracy. He was worried she might talk to them.
Detective: What was her demeanor like that first night?
Dick: Like a happy go lucky person.
Detective: Was she a grieving mother?
Dick: “Not at all. Nothing about Caylee at all.”
Rob Dick felt he caught Lee in a major lie and he didn’t want anything else to do with him. He felt Lee was hindering the investigation.
Rob said he thinks Lee either has some involvement or knows a lot more than he’s telling.
Lee lied about Casey’s reaction to finding out there was human decomposition in the trunk of her car. He said to Rob Dick that she was horribly upset–they almost had to call 911 she was so stressed. Tracy told Rob the exact opposite. Casey wasn’t upset at all. She said very casually that there were a lot of people that had access to her car–including Jesse Grund.
“Eric Baker” is who George said was the father of Caylee.
Detective: What did Casey say about her brother, Lee?
Dick: She said the main person she trusted was Lee, and he knows everything I know.
Rob said Casey told him, “They (LE) haven’t even found the clothes she (Caylee) was wearing.”
Not much new on this one. Good ole Lenny pretty much spilled his guts on Nancy Grace and other news shows. It is an interesting listen though!
D. Casey is obviously looking for something specific in this video. Pavers have something to do with what he’s looking for.
Kronk says, “I just found a human skull. It’s a human skull with duct tape across the mouth. ..I told you. I told you, Ray. I told you she was there.”
Cindy complains about Yuri Melich. Calls him narrow minded, and says he lectures her about Casey. She said she realizes Casey lied, but until someone brings her proof beyond a reasonable doubt, she will continue to believe Caylee is alive.
She doesn’t trust Yuri and read through the transcripts of his questioning of Casey. He didn’t ask her questions. He told her stories. He gave her scenarios and wanted her to explain “stuff”.
She was told an Amber Alert would be put out that first night. They Anthonys watched television all the next day, and there was no Amber Alert. Later, police told them that Caylee didn’t qualify for an Amber Alert. She felt Yuri had pre-determined that Casey did it at that point.
Cindy: “Casey hasn’t had a fair shake.”
Matt: “Cindy. My concern is Caylee.”
Cindy: “Oh mine is too, but…….blah blah Casey blah blah Casey blah blah Casey blah…………………..blah
Then, you can’t really understand what Cindy is blah blah blahing about as she and the detective apparently get out of the car and start walking. There is a lot of background noise.
They go into a restaurant and sit down. There’s still a lot of background noise. And she’s still complaining about Yuri.
Then she starts complaining about John, another detective. Apparently, he lectures her about Casey, too.
Matt says again the focus should be on Caylee, not Casey. He says there are reasons John and Yuri are doing what they are doing. They are trying to get at the truth–not make Cindy mad. Cindy says, “I know!” and goes back to talking about the way Yuri and John are treating her about Casey. She then says because of the way they are treating her, she won’t take the polygraph, and she doesn’t have to.
Cindy no longer believes in “the system”.
Cindy said she would still have called 911 knowing what she knows today. She defends Casey saying she had plenty of opportunity to run.
Matt: “Were getting hung up in the little things that in the big scheme of things aren’t gonna be worthwhile.” Cindy just blows right over that statement and continues to complain about Yuri.
Cindy says she’s in the “reality” thing–we have to move forward. She and Lee were “there” on Saturday, but George isn’t. He’s struggling the hardest. It’s going to take him longer. (Whatever that means???? I always thought George was the one dealing in reality and Cindy wasn’t.)
One of the attorneys asked about “limited use immunity” for Casey. Matt said they talked to Baez and told him if she’s panicked and is afraid to say, she needs to get on the right side of the curb with this–whether it was the pool or whatever the circumstances. But, “If they wait til we find Caylee it’s not gonna look good.”
Cindy says if there was an accident she believes Casey would cry out to them for help. If Caylee even skins her knee, Casey calls Cindy. Cindy thinks she wouldn’t do that to her family if it was an accident. If she was covering up for someone—she didn’t know if she would do that.
Jose Baez insinuates to Cindy that Casey is innocent. Cindy tells Matt, “She’s telling the truth. I mean, the players are there…”
Cindy cries a little when talking about other children being found because of Caylee and how she is happy with that.
This tape is almost comical. The detective can barely get a word in edgewise, and Cindy’s voice almost becomes hypnotic after awhile. I think I might have actually nodded off, once!
The whole jest of this, is Cindy complaining about police. She goes on and on about Casey. It’s striking how little Caylee is mentioned by Cindy.
key points from Tracy Mclaughlin interview.
1. Baez had Tracy sign something that said she couldn’t record anything but the rules changed later and it was not notarized and she had no copy of it.
2. When she was released from jail the first time, Casey didn’t say anything about Caylee. She came into the house, took a shower, talked about how people snuck her in stuff at the jail and how they loved her. It was “like she’d gone to Iraq and just got home or something. A real happy time.” She didn’t seem upset at all.
3. The neighbor’s shovel was brought up. Casey said “Hello! They didn’t even have the timeline right! I used the shovel to get the LADDER OUT OF THE POOL.” Cindy then told her to shut up, and later Tracy was told the shovel was about “cutting bamboo roots”.
4. During visits to Jose’s office she spent a lot of time on the computer. She wasn’t with Jose all day long. She was supposedly looking for “clues” as to where Caylee was, but she never mentioned to Tracy what she might have “uncovered.”
5. When she found out there were signs of decomposition in her car, all she said was “A lot of people had access to that car.” Then the next day, “Jesse had a key to the car.” The attorney later tried to lead Padilla to believe Jesse could be to blame. Tracy thinks that’s the way the defense will go–try to blame it on Jesse.
6. They watched the tv show, “The Hills”. (a teenaged reality show) Tracy asked her if she knew about the date rape drug, and how if you take it you’re knocked out. Casey said,yeah, like ruffies, and Tracy said like ether, and Casey said LIKE CHLOROFORM. THIS WAS BEFORE THE WHOLE ISSUE OF CHLOROFORM CAME UP. The chloroform news came out AFTER Tracy was long gone from the house.
7. Cindy had Tracy check out the chloroform site. (which was on Ricardo’s myspace. ) Tracy thought it was because she was trying to implicate Ricardo.
8. Cindy complained that the police weren’t looking for Caylee. Tracy said, but NEITHER WAS ANYONE IN THE HOUSE LOOKING FOR CAYLEE.
One day Tracy was in another part of the house and thought she heard Casey in the next room cry out while she was on the computer. Tracy was shocked because Casey hadn’t cried once since she’d been home. She went in to where Caseywas and found she was laughing not crying– over a guy that contacted her on myspace that was good looking that wanted to hang out with her.
9. Cindy asked Tracy what she thought happened at one point. Did Casey lose her at the mall or what?
10. Tracy heard George screaming one night at Casey. “Don’t f**king lie to me! etc. etc Casey said, “No! You stop acting like a cop and act like my father for once in your life!” Casey then insisted that her dad leave.
Later, Tracy heard George say, “I can’t do it. I’m not going to live this lie,” to his friend Jim. After their blow up earlier George wouldn’t go near Casey.
11.Casey said to Jose when they left the jail under the umbrella (that famous scene where Casey whispers in Jose’s ear) “Get me the f**k out of here.”
12. Casey said of a picture of Caylee, “This is my little ITALIAN.” Tracy said I thought Caylee was hispanic (referring to Jesus Ortiz), and Casey said, “Does she LOOK Hispanic?” and later said Jesus Ortiz was not her dad.
Most notable: Casey said very little about Caylee at all. She did not act like a grieving mother. She acted very narcissistic.