Skip to content


It is important to note that to date, Terri Horman has not been named a suspect or person of interest in Kyron’s disappearance and there have been no arrests made in the case.


Kaine Horman, father

Terri Molton Horman, step-mother


Desiree Horman Young, mother

Tony Young, step-father




July 27, 2010

1. Desiree Young and Kaine Horman were interviewed by the Oregonian.  Desiree stated that the update emails that Terri sent her the day Kyron disappeared were unusually brief.  Normally her emails were rambling but this day they were to the point and short.  She said those emails contributed to their suspicions about Terri.


2. The Sheriff’s department held  a news conference.  They revealed that they have increased the reward for information on Kyron’s whereabouts from $25,000 to $50,000.  They said they are making good progress in the case…


July 26 2010

1. DeDe Spicher appeared before an investigative grand jury in Portland according to her attorney, Chad Stavley. Stavley said he was retained on Friday. (July 23rd) He said Spicher was not asked any questions but was ordered to return at an unnamed future date.

2.  Dateline featured Kyron in “Little Boy Lost”.  Tony Young said  that Terri’s cell phone records didn’t match up with what she said she did on June 4. He also said there were 2 hours during that day when she could not account for her whereabouts.


3. It is revealed that Terri Horman retained her attorney for a fee of $350,000.  Kaine Horman filed papers demanding to know where the money to pay the attorney came from.


July 23, 2010

DeDe Spicher is named by the family as a close friend of Teri Horman’s who is actively not cooperating with investigators. She stayed with Teri Horman when Kaine left their home shortly after Kyron disappeared. According to a statement released by the family, “She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with suport and advice that is not in the best interests of our son.  Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with LE, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron’s disappearance, not to cooperate as well.”  Her attorney denies this saying she has been very cooperative.  Police searched her home and car and she spent 3 hours with investigators last week.  He also said she was not in contact with Terri Horman.

DeDe Spicher, 43, left a gardening job abruptly around 11:30 AM the day Kyron disappeared according to the homeowner she was working for.   She was unable to be reached by cell phone for approximately 90 minutes.

The family said in their statement,” We implore DeDe Spicher to come forward and cooperat with the investigators.  If we find out through the investigation that she caused a delay in us finding our son due to her lack of cooperation, we will pursue civil remedies in this matter.”

DeDe Spicher LINK

July 22, 2010

ABC’s Portland affiliate, KATU reported that Terri Horman told Kyron’s teachers and classmates that he would be out of the classroom that Friday at a doctor’s appt. giving the school no reason to expect him to be there after the science fair that morning.    Kyron’s lunch buddy told his mother he knew Kyron would not be in class that day.  Everyone at school was under the assumption that Kyron had a doctor’s appt.  This is why the family was not notified immediately that he was not in class. Terri Horman later told detectives that she was referring to the next Friday, June 11.

July 21, 2010

It’s revealed that a former military “remote viewer”, Edward Dames, worked with his team for 3 weeks to try and find where Kyron might be.  His help was “unsolicited” by investigators. Mr. Dames said the boy is located on private property approximately 10 miles south of the school. He stated, “He’s not where police are searching.  He’s not in the water and not that far away.


July 16, 2010

Terri vacated the house she shared with Kaine, Kyron, and Kiera.  She went to Roseburg, Oregon to stay in her parent’s house.

July 14, 2010

Desiree and Tony Young appeared on the Today show and say they believe Terri Horman is responsible for Kyron’s disappearance. Desiree and her Medford police detective husband, Tony Young, said that Kyron had become increasingly unhappy living with his step-mother and would cry when it was time for him to go back.

July 12, 2010

Kaine Horman filed court documents asking that Teri Horman be held in contempt because she violated a restraining order. He said she shared sealed legal info,and  tried to kidnap their daughter from a gym after the restraining order was in place.

It was revealed in the documents that Terri Horman was carrying on an affair with 37 year old Michael Cook, a former classmate of Kaine Horman.  The affair supposedly began 4 days after Kaine Horman moved out of the family home. The court papers state they’ve “obtained hundreds of text messages, as well as several photos of Terri in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity.” The court docs accused Terri Horman of sharing sensitive information with her new boyfriend about the investigation into Kyron’s disappearance.

Cook has denied he had sex with Terri Horman, but conceded that he had “inappropriate communication” with her.

July 8, 2010

Kaine asked judge to force Terri to move out of their home.

Judge released the petition in support of Kaine’s restraining order against his wife.

July 4, 2010

A landscaper who worked on the Horman’s yard told police that Kyron’s step-mother Terri offered to pay him a large sum of money to kill Kaine. He said she did this 6 or 7 months before the little boy vanished.


June 29, 2010

Multnomah County judge sealed the restraining order against Terri Moulton Horman.

June 28, 2010

1.  People magaizine article.  The article says that Terri had been interviewed repeatedly by LE (up to 6 hours at a time) and that her truck had been inspected twice.

2.  Kaine left the family home taking his and Terri’s 19 month old daughter with them.   Teri publicly denied Kaine had left saying, “Everything’s good.  We heard that rumor.  It’s just a rumor that needs to be squelched. Everything’s fine.”

3. Kaine, along with Desiree and Tony Young,  released a statement saying that they were cooperating with the investigation.  Teri Horman’s name was a glaring ommission.

4.  Terri was served witha  restraining order and a petition for dissolution of marriage at their house.



June 26, 2010

1.  Two  911 calls were made from the Horman residence.  The 1st call came in at 5:17 pm as a “threat” call, and a deputy sheriff responded.  2nd call came in at 11:30 PM.  It was classified as a custody issue.

June 25 2010

Desiree Young and Kaine Horman made appearances on 4 network morning shows hoping to keep their son’s case visible and public interest peaked.   It was revealed that Kaine was working from home the afternoon Kyron vanished and met his bus.

June 24 2010

Family released 3 home movies and 200 new photos of Kyron.

June 21, 2010

Desiree Young wrote a public letter to her son.


June 18 2010

Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office released a flier asking parents and kids about June 4, the day Kyron disappeared. The flier included photos of Kyron, Terri Moulton Horman, and a picture of a pickup similar to the one she was driving that day.

June 15, 2010

1.  MCSO released a photo of glasses identical to the ones Kyron was wearing when last seen.

2. Final day of classes at Skyline Elimentary.

3.Sheriff’s Dive Team spotted searching a pond on a property near the Horman home.  Sheriff’s spokesman said  it was not because of tips, but was a routine practice when a childe goes missing.

June 14 2010

Divers searched the waters of Sauvie Island off the banks of the Multnomah Channel north of the Sauvie Island Bridge.

June 13 2010

Sheriff’s office announced that the massive search for Kyron had ended. The case officially shifted from a missing person’s case to a criminal investigation.  The search for Kyron was over 10 days long and one of the largest in state history.  More than 1300 people from Oregon Washington and Northern California took part in looking for him. They searched a 2 mile radius around Skyline Elementary School and parts of Sauvie Island, about 6 miles from the school.

June 12, 2010

Search continued.

June 11 2010

1. Search continued and expanded to Sauvie Island.

2. Kyron’s family made their first appearance at a news conference. Tony Young, Kyron’s stepfather spoke saying, “We miss you, we love you and we need you home now.” He also thanked everyone for their support.  Kaine Horman also spoke about his gratitude to the searchers and the local community.

June 10, 2010

Search continued.

June 9th 2010

1.  Search continued.

2.   Terri Moulton Horman made her Facebook wall private.

3.  FBI spokeswoman stated the Horman family,  “Is not speaking to the media because they do not believe it’s in the best interest of finding Kyron.”

4. Sheriff’s Capt Mike Shults read a statement from Kyron Horman’s immediate family. “Kyron’s family would like to thank people for support and interest in finding their son.  The outpouring of support and continued effort strenghtens their hope.  We need for folks to continue to assist us in our goal.  Please search your properties—cars, out buildings, sheds, etc.  Also check with neighbors and friends who may be on vacation or may need in assistance in searching.”

5.  Portland Mountain Rescue joined the search.

June 8, 2010

Search continued.

June 7 2010

Search continued.

June 6, 2010

1.  Terri Horman posted on Facebook saying she had ordered missing person fliers. “I ordered 1000 fliers, they will be coming to our house.  I will let people known when they are here and we can go from there.  Thank you everyone.”

2.  FBI announced they brought in a Quantico, Va.  based profiler to create a profile of Kyron.

3.  The Multnomah County sheriff escalated Kyron’s disappearance to a missing endangered child case, but does not call it a kidnapping.

June 5, 2010

1.  Associated Press got its first notification that Kyron Horman was missing.

2.  A tip line was  created: 503-261-2847.

3. Sheriff’s spokesman said the search for Kyron was  still a missing person case and not a criminal investigation.

3. FBI and National Guard joined the search.

June 4th 2010

8:00 AM

Terri Moulton Horman and her step-son arrived at the Skyline Elementary School at 11536 NW Skyline Blvd.  The school was open early so the students and parents could take a tour of the science fair.  The billboard outside read: “June 4, I.B. Inquiry Expo, 8-10, Talent show, 1-2:45.” Kyron was taking part in the expo/ science fair and also the talent show.

8:15 AM

Gina Zimmerman, president of the school PTA, arrived and saw Kyron and Terri in front of his exhibit.

8:45 AM

Terri Horman watched Kyron walk toward his classroom after touring the science fair.  According to her she then left.

9:00 AM

Kyron was seen by a student near the south entrance of the school.  Sheriff Dan Staton said that was the last time the boy was seen.  (Multnomah County authorities later changed that statement, as two teachers, one of which was his, also saw him looking at science fair projects)

10:00 AM

Classes began.

1:21 PM

Terri Horman posted photos of Kyron at the science fair on her Facebook page.

3:30 PM

Terri Horman went to meet the school bus and discovered that Kyron had been absent all day. (Kaine Horman went with her to meet the bus but this was not known until a Dateline interview on June 26th.)

3:46 pm

Skyline school secretary Susan Hall placed a call to 911 that Kyron was missing.

4:33 PM

Officers from the Portland Police Bureau and the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office arrived at  Skyline Elementary and the Horman home.

5:30 PM

Rapid broadcast message from Portland Public Schools alerted families of a missing student. “Kyron Horman did not arrive at home today.”

7:00 PM

MCS Detective Sgt Lee Gosson alerted Sgt Travis Gullberg, the county’s on call coordinator for search and rescue efforts to begin a formal missing persons search for Kyron.

7:00-7:15 PM

MC Public Information Officer  met with members of the media  at the school.

Sheriff Dan Staton called the FBI to alert them about  the missing child.

8:09 PM

1st search teams arrived at Skyline School.

10:40 PM

Officers reported they completed a search of Skyline school that including all crawl spaces, storage areas, classrooms, and outbuildings.  They also completed a search of  the Horman house.

10:44 PM

“Concerned Citizen” 911 call.  Wanted to make sure officers checked the train tunnel in the area near the school.  She said “sometimes kids play in there, and wanted to make sure someone has checked that.”

%d bloggers like this: