Brad Conway resigns as George and Cindy Anthony’s attorney
In the filing, Jose Baez, Casey Anthony’s lead attorney, claims Conway was given unrestricted access to review thousands of pages of volunteer documents while the defense has not been given equal access.
Mark Nejame says this never happened when he was interviewed by Channel 13 News last week, saying:
“They never even bothered calling him. They never even bothered checking in with him. If they did and they had done their homework properly and they’d done their due diligence, which they should have done, they would know there’s absolutely no truth in the fact that any consideration was giving whatsoever for Mr. Conway coming in on behalf of his clients coming in to look at those documents,” NeJame said last week.
Conway released the following statement :
“With regret, I am forced to resign as George and Cindy Anthony’s attorney. The defense motion filed on Aug. 9, 2010, contains allegations that are not, in fact, true. As an officer of the court, I cannot stand idly by knowing allegations involving me have been misstated. I am now a witness to an inaccurate legal pleading filed in our court system. As such, I cannot continue in good conscience as a legal representative. George and Cindy Anthony have done nothing improper, it is the failure of the defense to verify the facts alleged in their motion that forces my withdrawal. I will continue to support the Anthonys, will continue to attend hearings and the eventual trial, and most importantly, I will continue to search for the full truth regarding the killing of Caylee Marie Anthony.”
Mr. Conway said on the Today show this morning,
“I was given the same conditions everyone else was, and that is: I was allowed to review the documents, make tabs on the relevant files. I was not allowed to copy, photograph, remove or any other way alter the documents.”
This all means that if If Judge Perry holds a hearing to settle the dispute between the defense and Equusearch attorney Mark NeJame, Conway could possibly be called as a witness. Conway says he can’t represent anyone involved in the case if he were to be called as a witness.
Brad Conway has been the Anthonys’ attorney for almost 2 years. (lots longer than anyone else has stuck by them.)
This doesn’t really make sense to me. Is there more to Conway’s resignation than meets the eye? Are they setting the stage to say Casey’s attorney, Jose Baez, was not competent to represent Miss Casey? Watch the Today show interview linked above.
read it below: